Who is Borealis GeoPower?
Established in 2007, Borealis GeoPower Inc. is a private Canadian corporation focused on developing high temperature geothermal projects throughout western Canada and internationally.
Our experienced team has over 130 years of experience developing energy resources and has managed all aspects of the geothermal value chain. By leveraging our unique skills and capabilities, we aim to unlock Canada’s vast geothermal energy potential.
Geothermal (or earth heat) energy is a clean, renewable source of both power and heat. It is proven technology that provides baseload (24 hours a day, 365 days a year) power, has low to no emissions and one of the smallest environmental footprints of any power supply. Geothermal can be a practical energy solution for an entire generation of Canadians.
For the Mandarin version of this video, please click here.
- The Volcanic Underground: Is Geothermal Energy The Answer? November 6, 2015
- Borealis Geopower and Sponsor Energy Capital announce their collaboration to finance exploration and development of geothermal resources for power production October 8, 2015
- Craig Dunn to present Feeding and Fuelling the Local Economy with Leor Rotchild September 25, 2015
- Solar, Wind and Geothermal, Oh My! September 24, 2015
- Craig Dunn at Corporate Knights of the Round Table July 31, 2015
What Others Are Saying About Geothermal
Geothermal is the cleanest source of electricity & heat and produces fewer emissions than any other energy source on the least area of land. Geothermal power plants provide long term cost certainty, which helps stabilize electricity rates, protecting consumers. With proper reservoir management, geothermal resources will never run out; these plants can run indefinitely.CanGEA 2014
Geothermal energy is potentially the largest – and presently the most misunderstood – source of energy in the U.S. and the world today.Al Gore in “Our Choice – A plan to solve the climate crisis“