Our Consulting Expertise
We use the Gold Standard in Resource Assessment. In conjunction with the Canadian Geothermal Energy Association’s (CanGEA) announcement of the release of the Canadian Geothermal Code for Public Reporting, Borealis Geopower is pleased to be one of the few companies in Canada qualified to analyze and assess geothermal energy resources according to the standards of this new code. The code provides a minimum set of requirements for the public reporting of Exploration Results, Geothermal Resources and Geothermal Reserves.
The team has experience with all aspects of resource assessment and development, including:
- Geochemistry and geothermometry
- Co-Production utilizes a geothermal system that uses the water that is produced as a by-product during oil & gas production or mining operations. Co-Produced geothermal systems can reduce the costs of industry water management by producing electricity that can be used in the well field, or can be sold back to the grid.
- Reservoir engineering
- Numerical modeling of geothermal reservoirs
- Field development
- Facility design
- Financial analysis
- Commercial structure
- Increase local food security, diversity and affordability
- Optimized geothermal exploration methodology [An SDTC funded initiative]
- Advanced exploration data analysis and reservoir characterization for geothermal resources [An NRC-IRAP funded initiative]
A novel approach to combining technologies is what gets us excited. And what gets our clients the best available solution. Put our expertise to work on your projects by connecting with us as a consulting client.
Speak to a Geothermal Expert Today!
“Borealis is an expert in the field.” ~ Geoscience BC, 2016
Bringing Together Industry and Community
Borealis GeoPower is bringing together industry and communities. Our GeoPark projects support building resilient communities across Canada through sustainable food systems and renewable energy; powering both a Healthy Environment and Healthy Economy.
Identify the Geothermal Energy resource present in your community today by contacting our team and initiating an assessment. In British Columbia alone, there are 63 remote communities near Geothermal Resources that are available for direct energy uses.
Here are two of our featured First Nations clients/partners from among the many we have worked with: The Kitselas First Nations and the Acho Dene Koe First Nations.
Building Sustainable Communities
Borealis GeoPower is bringing together industry and community. Our GeoPark projects support building resilient communities across Canada through sustainable food systems and renewable energy; powering both a Healthy Environment and Healthy Economy.
Support from the Canadian Government
Currently Borealis GeoPower Inc. enjoys federal government funding support with Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) and the National Research Council of Canada's Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP). This funding supports our proprietary:
- Optimized Geothermal Exploration Methodology.
- Advanced Exploration Data Analysis and Reservoir Characterization for Geothermal Resources.