Borealis Hiring Controller for Internship Position
Borealis GeoPower is looking to hire a Controller for an internship position in the Canadian geothermal energy industry.
Location: Borealis Geopower Inc. – Calgary, AB
Borealis Geopower Inc., focused on developing high temperature geothermal projects throughout western Canada, is seeking an experienced, Calgary based professional accountant with a strong understanding of the Canadian energy (conventional or renewable) or mining industry. Geothermal energy project financing and accounting/reporting follow similar practices to other sub-surface and renewable natural resources. Because of this, the role is ideal for a candidate with accounting experience in the oil and gas or mining sector who is looking to transition to the clean-tech sector.
- Preparing internal financial statements.
- Provide tax support and planning on the structure and use of tax credits in order to create the most efficient tax structure for the company.
- Assist in the creation of business plans and financial projections through tax planning and structuring.
- Assist with equity & debt financing.
- Maintain capital asset continuity schedule and calculate annual depreciation expense based on CRA’s new geothermal regulations.
- Full cycle accounts payable including validating supplier invoices, getting appropriate approvals for invoices, posting accounts payable invoices, supplier payments and ongoing maintenance of accounts payable files.
- Tax filings.
- Booking reserves/resources.
- Meet all internal and external reporting deadlines.
- Ensures accounting transactions such as deposits, vendor payments and employee expenses are recorded accurately and timely.
The desired individual will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Designated CPA
- Experience in Canadian tax required
- Minimum of 3 years accounting experience in the energy sector.
- Preference given to candidates with understanding of and experience in CRCE reporting.
- Preference given to individuals who have an understanding of, and experience in working with tax codes 43.1 & 43.2.
- Very strong attention to detail
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial team environment
What Borealis GeoPower Inc. Offers:
- The chance to become an expert on the accounting practices in one of the youngest and fastest growing industries in Canada – renewable energy.
The hours are flexible with a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Term 9 months.
Ends: March 31, 2018
To be ELIGIBLE for this opportunity, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- A post-secondary graduate
- 30 years of age or younger
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations
Candidates are asked to send their LinkedIn profiles and a cover letter to email@example.com. A resume is not required.